The Clara Skirt is made with style and accessibility in mind. Accessible fashion means offering styles that can work for specific needs or sizes, while also working for those without those specific needs. Everyone should be able to feel good, look good, and have functionality in their wardrobe! The Clara Skirt is one of several accessible patterns we offer.
How are we offering access for different needs in this pattern?
– The front of the skirt opens fully, allowing for getting it on and off while seated.
– The instructions are included for using snaps, zippers, or velcro for the opening depending on your dexterity needs and style preference!
– The skirt is fitted enough to avoid excess fabric that could get caught in a wheelchair without restricting mobility.
– The side seams sit slightly forward of the natural side of the body, shifting them away from areas that could cause chafing or abrasion while seated.
– The pockets sit on the thigh, making them perfect for seated use.
– The back rise sits slightly higher on the body so it provides comfort and coverage while seated, but still looks great standing as well.
This pattern gives the option of mini, knee, or calf lengths; as well as mid rise or high rise options.
This PDF pattern includes:
– Clara Skirt pattern in sizes XXS – 4X, formatted to print on US Letter of A4 format paper
– Large format A0 size file for copy shop printing
– Layers so you can print just the size you need, no ink wasted!
– Full instructions, including diagrams
This pattern made for fabrics with at least 40% stretch across the grain. Perfect for adventurous beginner sewing level and above.
****This listing is for a digital PDF sewing pattern only, no physical items will be sent****
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.